Over the course of four days, 24-27 February 2014, Mobile World Capital Barcelona hosted the world’s greatest mobile event.
This year, Mobile Communications Magazine was present, for the 10th time, at Mobile World Congress. We are the only Romanian Media channel with such a long traditional accreditation accepted at the biggest event of mobile community.
MWC 2014 was a record-breaking event with more than 85,000 attendees from 201 countries.
Event highlights include:
• More than 40 conference sessions including CEOs and senior executives from Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, Citigroup, Ford Motor Company, Shazam Entertainment, Viacom International Media Networks and WhatsApp.
• The world's largest industry exhibition with more than 1,800 exhibitors from 32 countries utilising 98,000 square metres of space.
• The Connected City, presented with operator partners AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, KT and Vodafone.
• More than 30 partner-led programmes including events at Fira Montjuïc led by ECHAlliance, EyeforTravel, Mobile Media Summit, NAB Show, WIPJam and 4 Years from Now.
• 32 well-deserved Global Mobile Awards were distributed across a number of categories.
• Fun, new initiatives such as the Fitbit Challenge sponsored by Fitbit and the Graffiti Wall sponsored by IBM.
Year over year, the GSMA Mobile World Congress attracts the largest number and highest-quality attendees of any event in the mobile industry.
Mobile World Congress topics:
1. Industry Perspective: Mobile Operator Strategies for Growth
2. Successful Strategies for Managing the Mobile Enterprise
3. Building the 50-Billionth Connected Device
4. The Connected Lifestyle: Transforming Industries
5. Driving Rapid Innovation with Mobile, Social, Cloud & Big Data
6. The Social Impact of Mobile – Transformational, Perennial & Inclusive
7. Exploiting Enterprise, Applications & BYOD to Enhance Productivity
8. Creating the Next Access Networks
9. Building the Future Network
10. Complementing Coverage with Small Cells & Wi-Fi
11. Rise of the Machines: Enabling the Evolution from M2M to an Internet of Things Future
12. Steering the Automotive Industry into the Future with M2M
13. The Future of Voice
14. Service Opportunities for Mobile Identity, Developing the Ecosystem for Mobile Identity Services
15. Loyalty & Retention Strategies to Improve the Bottom Line
16. Interior Refurbishment: Making Business Transformation Work
17. Smart Cities: Smarter Living
18. The future of: Smart Buildings
19. The Road Ahead for Mobile NFC Services
20. Moving Money: Rethinking Transactions
21. Exploring the Scope of the Mobile Multimedia Services Opportunity
23. Business Transformation: M&A, Integration Strategies & Investments to Drive Growth
24. Mobile Retail: The One Stop Shop
25. Redefining Reality with Screens, Storage & Wearables
26. The Battle for the Multi-Screen Home
27. The Opportunities of Mobile Video
28. Mobile Innovation 2024: the Future... What's Next?
* Click the picture for zoom